CATALOG AVAILABLE NOW
888 Auctions catalog consists of 454 fine antique items:
Paintings and Textiles: Lot 1-80
Snuff Bottles: Lot 81-94
Stone: Lot 95-122
Nephrite: Lot 123-152
Jadeite: Lot 153-201
Jewellery, Gems and Watches: Lot 202-309
Ceramics: Lot 310-355
Money & Stamps: Lot 356-400
Metalware: Lot 401-424
Natural History & Wood: Lot 325-447
Furniture & Miscellaneous: Lot 448-454
Saturday, May 14: 11AM-3PM
Monday, May 15: 11AM-6PM
Tuesday, May 16: 11AM-6PM
Wednesday, May 17: 11AM-6PM
Thursday, May 18: 11AM-1PM
- Lot 67 Arthur Shilling 1941-1986 Canadian Oil Canvas Lot 67 Arthur Shilling 1941-1986 Canadian Oil Canvas
- Lot 138 Chinese Imperial Green Jade Carved Dragon Seal Lot 138 Chinese Imperial Green Jade Carved Dragon Seal
- Lot 139 Chinese Imperial Yellow Jade Carved Dragon Seal Lot 139 Chinese Imperial Yellow Jade Carved Dragon Seal
- Lot 180 Burma Green Jadeite Bangle with GIA Certifica Lot 180 Burma Green Jadeite Bangle with GIA Certifica
- Lot 184 Chinese Fine Imperial Green Jadeite Bangle Lot 184 Chinese Fine Imperial Green Jadeite Bangle
- Lot 206 14k Gold Amethyst and Diamond Pendant and Necklace Lot 206 14k Gold Amethyst and Diamond Pendant and Necklace
- Lot 208 14k Gold Carnelian and Diamond Ring Lot 208 14k Gold Carnelian and Diamond Ring
- Lot 251 14k Gold Moonstone Sapphire and Diamond Ring Lot 251 14k Gold Moonstone Sapphire and Diamond Ring
- Lot 285 14k Gold Topaz Bracelet Lot 285 14k Gold Topaz Bracelet
- Lot 303: 50 ct AAA Lab Emerald Octagon 30 x 20 mm Lot 303: 50 ct AAA Lab Emerald Octagon 30 x 20 mm
- Lot 366: 27 PC Assorted Chinese Silver Coins Lot 366: 27 PC Assorted Chinese Silver Coins
- Lot 403 Chinese Tang Style Gilt Silver and Copper Bowl Lot 403 Chinese Tang Style Gilt Silver and Copper Bowl
- Lot 417 Chinese Tang Gilt Camel Musician w/ Zhenguan Mark Lot 417 Chinese Tang Gilt Camel Musician w/ Zhenguan Mark
Jade, Jewelry, Coins and Asian Ceramics Lead 888 Auctions, May 18, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON – 888 Auctions is proud to feature a 453-lot sale on May 18th 2017. Including the best fresh-to-market assortment of fine jade carvings, jewelry, numismatic coins, and Asian ceramics, the auction is filled with an exciting array of quality items with some hefty provenance to boot.
Highlighting the auction is a pair of jade carved dragon seals. Lot 138 and lot 139 both feature a dragon seal. Lot 138 is a Chinese imperial spinach green jade seal. It is of square section surmounted by a pair of addorsed dragons and featuring a six-character mark, Shi Quan Lao Ren Zhi Bao on the seal face. Weighing in at 2,232 grams, it hails from the property of Simon Tang, a Hong Kong retired Chinese military officer that was given to him as a gift and brought to Canada in 1980. It has never been showcased in auction elsewhere. Lot 138 carries a $70,000 high estimate.
Likewise, Lot 139 also carries the same provenance; featuring a Chinese fine imperial yellow jade carved dragon seal, the rectangle body is surmounted by a spraying water dragon. Bearing a four-character seal script on seal face, the seal weighs in at 1,134 grams and carries a high estimate of $70,000.
Not to be outdone, two other jade carved items can be found at the following lots:
From the collection of jewelry items up for bidding, Lot 206 is the standout piece of the auction. Featuring a 14k gold gemstone pendant, it is set with an oval cut amethyst in the middle and numerous round cut diamonds on bezel. The exceptionally carved amethyst pendant commands a $16,000 high estimate.
Four other lots from the jewelry and gems category have been garnering significant interest:
The metalware and bronzeware category has continued to draw consistent results from previous auctions and this sale will feature two items of particular interest for many interested bidders. Lot 403 features a Chinese Tang Style Gilt Silver and Copper Bowl. It is of foliated edge, tapering to bottom; supported on splayed foot rim; carved with birds and floral pattern on outside and a deer inside. The magnificently adorned and designed copper bowl carries a $10,000 high estimate.
Lot 417 features a Chinese Tang Gilt Camel Musician with Zhenguan Mark. It is a rare large Tang period gilt figure depicting five foreign musicians playing musical instruments on a camel. The camel is decorated with carvings of dragon, floral and leafy pattern bearing a four-character Da Tang Zhen Guan mark on the belly of the camel. Dated to the 7th century to 8th century, Lot 417 commands a $300,000 high estimate.
888 Auctions continues to invite praise for the inclusion of its Canadian art and this auction is no exception. Slotted in at Lot 67, collectors will be excited to hear the inclusion of an Arthur Shilling (1941-1986) Oil on Canvas painting featuring a portrait of a girl. It is expected to surpass its high estimate of $12,000.
All items of the May 18th auction will be on display for the discerning collector. Specialists will be on hand to provide accurate up-to-date information. All items are available for viewing so why not find a reason to enjoy the weather and visit the gallery at 888 Auctions today.
Preview will be held Saturday, May 13th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m; Monday, May 15th from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Tuesday, May 16th from 11a.m. to 6 p.m.; Wednesday, May 17th from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and just before the auction on Thursday, May 18th from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
888 Auctions continues to accept consignments for future auctions. Please contact the auction house or call the auctioneers at 905-763-7201.