CATALOG AVAILABLE NOW
888 Auctions catalog consists of 450 fine antique items:
Snuff Bottles: Lot 104-111
Stone: Lot 112-137
Nephrite: Lot 138-154
Jadeite: Lot 155-191
Jewellery, Gems and Watches: Lot 192-318
Ceramics: Lot 319-359
Money & Stamps: Lot 360-393
Metalware: Lot 394-413
Natural History & Wood: Lot 414-434
Furniture & Miscellaneous: Lot 435-450
Saturday, June 03: 11AM-4PM
Monday, June 05: 11AM-6PM
Tuesday, June 06: 11AM-6PM
Wednesday, June 07: 11AM-6PM
Thursday, June 08: 11AM-1PM
- Lot 84: Xu Beihong 1895-1953 WC Certified by Liao Jingwen Lot 84: Xu Beihong 1895-1953 WC Certified by Liao Jingwen
- Lot 143: Chinese Han Period Hetian White Jade Wine Cup Lot 143: Chinese Han Period Hetian White Jade Wine Cup
- Lot 166: Fine Burma Clear & Deep Green Icy Jadeite Bangle Lot 166: Fine Burma Clear & Deep Green Icy Jadeite Bangle
- Lot 186: Burma Grade AA Green Jadeite Bangle GIA Certified Lot 186: Burma Grade AA Green Jadeite Bangle GIA Certified
- Lot 191: Chinese Fine Green Jadeite Dragon Imperial Seal Lot 191: Chinese Fine Green Jadeite Dragon Imperial Seal
- Lot 214: 4.10ct Diamond Rose Gold Ring CRV$ 65,000 Lot 214: 4.10ct Diamond Rose Gold Ring CRV$ 65,000
- Lot 270: 6.10ct Untreated Cushion Cut Aquamarine Gemstone Lot 270: 6.10ct Untreated Cushion Cut Aquamarine Gemstone
- Lot 278: 7.26ct Brilliant Cut Black Diamond CRV 60 Lot 278: 7.26ct Brilliant Cut Black Diamond CRV 60
- Lot 315: Swiss Movado 07.1.14.1142 Men's Watch RV 5 Lot 315: Swiss Movado 07.1.14.1142 Men's Watch RV 5
- Lot 334: Chinese Fine Blue & White Porcelain Saucer Xuande Lot 334: Chinese Fine Blue & White Porcelain Saucer Xuande
- Lot 368: Canadian 1966 Silver One Dollar Coin RV0 Lot 368: Canadian 1966 Silver One Dollar Coin RV0
- Lot 410: Chinese Fine Bronze Buddha 17th Century Lot 410: Chinese Fine Bronze Buddha 17th Century
June 8, 2017 Mid-Summer Auction Features Gems, Jade, Jewelry, and Asian Paintings at 888 Auctions
Richmond Hill, ON – June 8th marks 888 Auctions’ mid-summer auction sale: GEMS, JADE, JEWELRY & ASIAN PAINTINGS. Packed with an exciting array of items, the discerning collector will be sure to find what they are looking for in the 450-lot auction which includes fine jade carvings, precious gems and jewelry, Chinese ceramics, bronzeware, and Asian paintings.
The spotlight will be firmly placed on Lot 190: Chinese Fine Green Jadeite Dragon Imperial Seal. Lot 190 is an 18th century rare imperial jadeite seal. It is of square section and surmounted by a coiling dragon with its head flanked by long and curved nostrils in relief. The face is carved with Chinese characters, ‘Ming De Zhi Bao’ with the four sides further engraved with seal scripts. Weighing in at a hefty 2,199 grams, lot 191 is expected to surpass its high estimate of $160,000.
Likewise, Lot 186 is receiving the same heightened attention from interested collectors. Lot 186 is a Burma Grade AA Green Jadeite Carved Bangle. Accompanied with a GIA certificate and inspected by Donald Mackay, the green jadeite carved bangle commands a $10,000 high estimate.
Those interested in more antiquated items can cast their attention on Lot 143, a Chinese Han Period Hetian White Jade Carved White Cup. The jade cup is carved with flaring mouth rim which is decorated with a band of stiff leaves in low relief and supported by a slightly splayed foot with taotie patterns. The Hetian white stone also features a pale yellow tone with russet streaks through. Measuring 270 grams it features a $20,000 high estimate.
Gems and Jewelry continue to be sought after on the market and 888 Auctions continues to provide collectors with a wide assortment of items. A standout piece in the June 8 auction can be found at Lot 278, a 7.26ct Brilliant Cut Black Diamond. The black diamond is notable for its quality AAA treated rating and accompanying certificate from the UGL in NY State with an appraisal value of $5,460. It carries a high estimate of $4,000.
The spotlight of the gems category in this auction however belongs to Lot 214, a 4.10ct Diamond Rose Gold Ring. This brilliant piece features s stamped 14k rose gold diamond ring. Set with a 4.10 ct round brilliant cut diamond, the item must be seen to fully appreciate its brilliance. It commands a high estimate of $24,000.
From the collection of Chinese ceramics, Lot 334 features a Chinese Fine Blue & White Porcelain Saucer. This fine blue and white porcelain saucer features a motif that includes painted designs of plum, orchid, bamboo and chrysanthemum enclosed within a double circle. Bearing a six-character Xuande Mark on base, this saucer features a $12,000 high estimate.
Other items which have sparked considerable interest on the gallery floor can be found at the following lots:
888 Auctions strives to live up to its billing as Canada’s premier Asian auction house and welcomes any inquiries of both the auction. In the case you are in possession of a unique item, collectors can rest assured that not only their item will be properly appraised, marketed, and handled with consideration but that the customer experience will be exceptional. 888 Auctions also provides a mobile-friendly website for all your bidding needs.
Taking pride in providing unparalleled accessibility to all items of the June 8th catalogue, specialists will be on hand to provide accurate up-to-date information directly on the gallery floor or by email and phone.
Preview will be held Saturday, June 3rd from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m; Monday, June 5thth from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Tuesday, June 6th from 11a.m. to 6 p.m.; Wednesday, June 7th from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and just before the auction on Thursday, June 8th from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
888 Auctions continues to accept consignments for future auctions. Please contact the auction house or call the auctioneers at 905-763-7201.