888 Auctions is committed to protecting your personal information and securing our computer systems. We consider the confidentiality of your personal information to be important and we use industry-standard security measures to safeguard your data from manipulation, destruction, or access by unauthorized persons and to prevent unauthorized disclosure.
- 888 Auctions registration, client profile, and email subscription are password-protected.
- We encrypt your password in our database so that only you know your password. No person - not even an authorised 888 Auctions Client Service Representative - is authorised to retrieve your password once you set it.
- We use industry-standard browser security (https), which encrypts the pages of our website that contain your personal information when you use our website, and protects your data from unauthorized access as it passes through the internet between our website and your computer.
- 888 Auctions uses industry-standard measures, including firewalls, to protect its databases.
- We continually enhance our security measures as new technology is made available and in response to newly discovered threats.
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or what’s in your shopping basket. Using our website will result in us placing cookies on your computer in the 3 categories set out below.
Strictly necessary: These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website; many of the functions on our website will not work properly, or at all, if you do not allow these cookies to be used. We may therefore be unable to provide many of the services you may wish to request unless you accept the use of these cookies.
Performance: These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor: all information these cookies collect is aggregated and is therefore anonymous. The information is only used to improve how the website works.
Functionality: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features (for example, remembering changes you have made to text size and fonts).
During the registration process, we may ask you to provide sensitive credit information that allows us to serve you better. We are keenly aware of the sensitivity of this information that you have entrusted to us and have taken security measures to safeguard your personal information online.
You may access your account information online from 888 Auctions Website only with your User ID and Password that is known to you only and that you have created when you set up your online account.
888 Auctions uses advanced technology to encrypt your login, password and credit information that is stored in a secure database allowing limited access to a select few of authorized 888 Auctions employees only.
Security professionals regularly conduct tests to determine our vulnerability and to fix flaws immediately.
Security patches are applied immediately as soon as they are released by the vendors with whom we are working.
Please note that 888 Auctions never sends e-mails asking you to reply with your account or other personal information.
E-mail fraud is a common tool of identity thieves. An increasingly common fraudulent activity, called "phishing", uses official-looking e-mails to deceive consumers into disclosing their personal information. The e-mail often directs the recipient to a look-alike Website of a legitimate business, tricking consumers into believing they are responding to a valid request. Other fraudulent e-mails entice users to make a purchase and are designed primarily to obtain credit card or bank account information. 888 Auctions never sends e-mails asking you to reply with your account or other personal financial information.
To avoid getting caught in any of these fraudulent activities, please remember to:
- Keep your login and password secret
- Change your password periodically
- Never give out your personal and account information by e-mail or telephone, unless you initiated the contact.
- You may want to add this URL to your browser's Favorites or Bookmarks menu
- Always end your secure session on christies.com completely by clicking the Log Out link at the top right-hand side of the page and by closing your browser's window
Please contact us with more specific questions about security by telephone or email:
Phone service available Monday to Friday, 10.30 am – 6:00 pm EDT and Saturday 10.30 pm – 5:00 pm EDT.